Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wish Upon A Star...

Have you ever wanted something soooooo bad but it continually seems out of your reach? I'm having one of those times now, where something I want is so close, yet so far.

I'm not a quitter by nature and I hate giving up on things, be it an activity, a person or just the pursuit of those killer heels I just can't find in my size. Many people may see this as a great quality but recently I've had to stop and think "Is it quitting if the thing you want was never meant for you?". 

Beyonce's 'Best Thing I Never Had' re-enforces this notion, at the time you are ready to do whatever it takes to have the object of your obsession - "I wanted you bad" - but on hind sight you realize that it wasn't even worth the hassle - "You turned out to be the best thing I never had". The problem is, society teaches us from a very young age that anything worth having is worth fighting for and that giving up is for the weak. 

I believe in hope and I think it shapes the way we live our lives, people who fight for things do so in the hope that eventually it will work out. What I have also learned growing up though, is that 'letting go' and 'giving up' is not the same thing. It takes a very strong person to let go of something they were determined to get,even stronger than the person who insists on fighting to obtain it. 

So how do you know when to fight and when to let go? Honestly I don't know, I just wish upon a star and hope I get what I want! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...