Wednesday, April 20, 2011

OG Niki

As a die hard Lil Kim fan I obviously need to add my two cents on the whole #OGNiki saga. For those of you who haven't heard the hype, a 17 year old girl released a video of herself 'rapping' about her sexual encounters.


Now I love rap, I really do, and it really upsets me when these glory hunters decide that the best way to receive attention is via the rap game. Not only are they assaulting our ears with bad flows and dumb lyrics but they are an insult to the rap industry as a whole. OG Niki is no different.

The girl has a few catchy bars but she is by no means a rapper and all of you fools (yeah I said it!) comparing her to Lil Kim or even Trina are either deaf or stupid. May I also highlight here that although they have both done explicit music they had a cheque to receive at the end of the day and that this girl has no such benefits.

The fact that her sex life is so colourful after just a year of sexual activity (the song says she lost her virginity at 16) is nothing to be paraded, if anything it highlights all the things that are wrong in the world today. Only in 2011 can a girl rap about sleeping with 6 men and state that her mum knows in the same phrase and receive anything but a hot slap! In fact, her mum should receive one too!

If I'm honest I don't even think her lyrics bother me so much, it's been done before, but what annoys me is the hype people have made over her lyrical content knowing full well they take part in such activities themselves, the fact that she proudly boasts that her mum knows showing a disgusting lack of respect and that, to top it all off, the girl can't rap or follow the beat!

Moral of the story - get enough hits on Youtube and any crap can make you a household name, I mean look at Rebecca Black! O_o


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...