Wednesday, September 29, 2010

To, two, too, 2...

We are all aware that instant messaging and social networks like Facebook are basically a part of everyday life and due to the wonders of instant messaging we have all learned a way to type what we want to say in the shortest possible way.

“I’m having a party at my house tonight, hope to see you all there!”       
“I’m avn a party @ ma hse 2nyt, hpe 2 c ya’ll der!"

The problem I find these days is that those who fit the statistic of ‘1 in 5 children leave school without being able to read and write’ are becoming glaringly obvious! There is no point in having a bootilicious pic on your profile if your status says “I cnt wait 4 twonite, my cuz is coming two the party to!’  or a guy stunting on Miami beach with a pic caption saying ‘Chillin with the gyrls’!!!

The do-gooders of you out there will be saying “Maybe it was a typo!”, well my theory is that if the word written correctly is 5 letters long then there’s no point in writing the ‘txt language’ word that is  7 letters long! ‘Tonight’ cannot be typo-ed to ‘twonite’ or from ‘to’ to ‘two’!!!

My advice is that if you know anyone who has the reading and writing issues you need to have a quiet word with them and possibly teach them if you can. Do NOT make excuses for them! The likelihood is that they will meet someone like me who will have to set the record straight.

Not rude, honest...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...