Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yo, my size!


This a short note fuelled by frustration!

I was walking to my friend’s house when all I heard was “Yo, my size!” 
Now, I didn’t know what the hell that meant so I kept walking with a bit of a baffled expression on my face. Can you imagine the shock that took over me when I realized the guy was talking to ME and that the shout out was some sort of new pick up line! I literally chocked on my Blushing Apple Snapple (ya dun kno!)! 

Now I’ve heard many shout outs in my time the classic ‘Oi!’, ‘Hey shortie’(some people got the wrong post code!), the yardie ‘Wah gwarn my love!’, the Aff ‘Wetin dey happen?’ and the more polite ‘Excuse me, can I take a minute of your time?’ but ‘Yo, my size!’ SERIOUSLY!!!

Now first of all I was NOT his size! In fact my 5’3 frame enhanced with 4.5 inch heels made me clearly more than his size which was around 5’2! Secondly, where on earth did these guys get the idea that calling any woman ‘my size’ would get their attention, talk less their number!?

All I can do in this situation is quote Bossip ‘God take the wheel’ SMH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...