Thursday, January 20, 2011

For Coloured Girls

About a month ago I watched the movie 'For Coloured Girls' by Tyler Perry. Now I have to say I am not a fan of his and have always thought his movies where mediocre at best but this one blew me away.

It was the right combination of a great plot (from a book called 'For Coloured Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is not Enough), great actresses and a good director/producer. The movie was so deep I cried (literally!) and it left me speechless. I'm not going to ruin the movie for you by giving you details but it just showed how much of a struggle life is being a woman and I was sad to acknowledge that whereas a few years ago these same scenes would have been shocking, now they are just part of our everyday lives.

The only problem is that I am now so paranoid (there's a rape scene) that I'm acting like every man is out to get me! This further highlights how realistic this movie was and it will definately get you thinking. I have to take my hat off to Tyler Perry for a job well done and a standing ovation to the women who made the movie come to life.

Coloured girls (and we all have one colour or another!), enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...